Friday, March 22, 2013

UPS and Downs

http://pennstatermag.com/2010/02/24/we-love-the-ups-guy/Equipment to return to obvious place, but no,
it's somewhere else for that, somewhere not so far
away, but crap, I thought I would be through by now.
Stand in line with boxes, wait as other people
send their parcels only to be told that no,
this isn't where I need to be at all. Skin crawling
out of sheer frustration, no motivation to drive
anywhere but home, but first a call to idiots
who led me wrong, saving others
just like me from all this trouble. Silver
lining to the cloud, my poor excuse for
woe is, at least, instructive. Cautionary tale,
perhaps, but how might I have avoided
trouble in this case. Directions followed,
i's dotted, t's crossed, and still the job's not done.
So silly to be angry at such a simple thing, red flag
to point out deeper issues unresolved. Less about
this mess this morning than about those situations
and concerns. One day I'll learn to better organize
my bitching and complaints.




(c) Ellen Gillette, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment