Monday, March 18, 2013

See You Soon

Are you seeing anyone?
See you later.
"I see," said the blind man, 
as he picked up his hammer and saw.
Seeing is believing.
"I'll be seeing you in all the old familiar places."*
We'll just see about that.
The way I see it.
"If they could see me now, that little gang of mine."**
This, I gotta see.
Long time, no see.
'You see what I'm saying?
There's none so blind as those who will not see.
See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.
We just don't see eye to eye.
See what I mean? 
See, see, see.
We spend the word like pennies,
as rashly as we say we love
everything from sandwiches
to soulmates, but no one really
sees me but you, the kind of
seeing piercing through
the shallows , finding
fierceness waiting there below.



(c) Ellen Gillette, 2013


*From "I'll Be Seeing You" by Sammy Fain and Irving Kahal,1938
** From "If My Friends Could See Me Now",by Cy Coleman and  Dorothy Fields,1966


           "

No comments:

Post a Comment