Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Haul's Well That Ends Well

From Lillington to Florida, and parents'
move from Siler City, here.
Daughter Uno to apartment and then out,
and into smaller second one, oh dear.
A bit of packing out in Texas with our Daughter Dos. Us into nice second floor apartment as we waited for the sale of leasers' home so they could close on ours, then mom-in-law into a condo, along with husband's sister, and ourselves into the house we'd visited so often in the last, what, twenty or more years? Today the daughter's move back
in with us, and I'm allowed to grouse a bit
with all these moves within this short
amount of time. Packing and unpacking,
throwing out and cleaning grime, I've had enough
of boxes, tape, and U-Hauls! Adding "mover"
to my resume, I'll do another day, but
just before I head to bed, exhausted from
accumulated stress of change and change
and change and change, I unwind here
a little bit, and have a glass of wine.


(c) Ellen Gillette, 2013




No comments:

Post a Comment