Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Death of a Computer

HP laptop, rest in peace,
perhaps to suffer the indignity
of yet another forced rebirth.
Scant quarter of a year ago,
I found you at a price so low
I thought your second-handedness of worth
but now you have betrayed; you will not start.
Computer geek took you apart
with something like perplexity
"This is a first! I'm vexed," said he.
And I the lucky one to whom it happened.
I left you there upon his table, saddened
though with money back for cord I hoped was able
to entice, turn on, seduce- but no, to be thus was not meant.
Sad washed-up HP, once so powerful, now impotent.


(c) Ellen Gillette, 2013

Bought for my granddaughter to use from a computer repair place I trust. "This is the first time we've had a problem with these refurbished HPs," the guy told me. "But it had to happen sometime. And you're the lucky one."


No comments:

Post a Comment