Friday, January 11, 2013

Travel Plans

I'd like to look in on Lillington, hop to Holly's Haven,
talk to the sistahs there while she styles my hair
or take a chance on Tuesday
that the ministers are meeting and I can sit
as they solve nagging questions of the universe
while I quietly take notes.
I'd pop up to Pittsboro, go organic at the co-op,
or sally forth to Siler City where my sister lives.
Nothing finer, as they say, as Carolina morning.
Maybe Mobile's nice this time of year, New Orleans (that's "N'Awlins") crawlin' with excitement.
Tampa's very tempting for a tourist trip in winter,
much too cold up where the Yankees tend to roam
unless they've flown down here till Mother's Day.
I could check out Charleston or grab a bite in Gainesville,
forage at Freebirds in San Antone, T-X. Next, a trip much
longer would be nice, hear some "namaste's" I haven't heard
in such a long, long time. I'd like to find a deli in New Delhi,
for curry or a puri that's too hot for me,
but maybe not for you. Or tackle some place new,
like Paris, France or Georgia, even,
shared experience tucked away for days like this
when I wait for falling stars in familiar skies
to wish upon.


(c) Ellen Gillette, 2013




No comments:

Post a Comment