Thursday, January 3, 2013

Time for a Trip

Blue skies beckon, but I won't
be leaving yet for hours.
Bag is packed (well mostly,
and I always take too much).
Breaking from reality, routine,
household rigmarole that can suck
the very life from one who tries
to Do It All and can't. No one else's
fault. New, freeing thought: I can not
put desire within the hearts of
others - to excel, to love,
be kind, be healthy, Be All That You
Can Be, not just the Army's thing,
apparently. Seed's got to be
there first, not mine to plant,
but water. Can is dry, alas, so I
will take a few . Drive a ways,
rest, relax, rejuvenate at
clean hotel with budget-friendly rate.
No one minds it when I leave,
as long as I come back with
rusty places patched, polished
shine and brimming with recovered grace
that sloshes onto their waiting soil,
that hopes to find, eventually,
the seed of new ideas,
some need I can fulfill.


(c) Ellen Gillette, 2013



No comments:

Post a Comment