Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Contemplating Yet Another Move

Whole campaigns are waged
upon the siren song of change
as if it's always good, better,
obvious improvement to what
we've come to know. Although
there are some changes I would
love to see, this was supposed to be
the next-to-last final move, at
least, and now it's not. The thought
squeezing into somewhere smaller,
older... well it came so fast! Perhaps it's best
that way, no time to contemplate
at all, hit the ground running,
looking, finding somewhere to
lay my head at night. I've always
said I don't do change well, not
at first, then I'm okay, but honestly,
I'd be fine with changes that I
chose myself. Even when I
get the reasoning behind it all,
this wasn't my call, and so I'm
just a little overwhelmed. Exciting
possibilities, I'm open to some
changes for the better, surprises
'round the corner. But it's hard
to think of packing, even then.

(c) Ellen Gillette, 2013

2 comments: