Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The First Poem Was Better

Two poems today, the one I am not posting
since a friend who read it said it was too much.
Mostly a comparison of poetry and sex,
R-rated, not exactly, since the language
wasn't blue; but maybe M. But then I caved
and offer this in place of all the raciness.
The other one was better, and more fun,
in my opinion, and more cerebral by a mile.
Perhaps my friend was right, though.
Routinely I offend without attempting to,
and as that is the case, I'm sure the poem
would've made a few of you consider me
to be of a person base, and one or two
would ask yourself if I am even saved.
Be that as it may, I think a verse
combining two such wondrous things is
sure to come eventually. (No pun intended.)



(c) Ellen Gillette, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment