Sunday, January 18, 2015

Neverest Could Climb Everest (But My Love's Sincere)

The Proclaimers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZojpl-p_5A
I could say that I'd climb Everest,
when really I would neverest,
much too high and much too cold,
I'm much too weak and much too old
to take up mountain climbing as a test
to prove my love in spades.
And I could walk 500 miles
as sang the twins with great big smiles
but you don't live that far away
so wouldn't be there anyway
to join me for a walk (just down the aisle).
Then I would be, I fear, dismayed
that I had gone to all that trouble
quite for naught. I ought to just be able,
don't you think, to say "I love you"
and you know it's true, because you love
me back, and here I'll end this fable.



(c) Ellen Gillette, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment