Thursday, January 1, 2015

Ending and Beginnings

I
King Solomon once said
(or wrote or had transcribed;
I wasn't there, so I don't really
know for sure) but anyway,
the end of something's better
than the something's start.
I'll buy that if we're talking tasks
or bad relationships, concur if
conversating of great books -
that sense of satisfaction when you
come to a conclusion. (Yes,
I realize that "conversate" is not
a proper word. Just let me finish,
since the end is better anyway!)
A headache's end is far superior
to headache-just-beginning.
Are you getting this? Y'follow?
as the burly captain liked to say
in Jaws, a movie at its end much
happier than when the shark
attacked at first. But oh, there are
some things I love to do
and see and hear and be  and feel
that when I'm doing them and seeing
them and hearing, being, feeling,
in the midst, I never want the
end to come at all, and when it
does, no sooner than it does,
immediately I start to hope
to start whatever it may be a
second time, or third or fourth,
forever and forever, Yea, amen.


(c) Ellen Gillette, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment