Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Present, Tense

My breathing is too shallow.

Playing with computer art can
be a de-stresser too!

Sure it gets the basic job done,

but that's it. Good stuff in,

and bad stuff out, the lungs are

doing fine, I guess.

Unless.

Deep breaths remove

the toxins, slow the beating 

of my heart. I need some air and space, 

a cool breeze reaching blowing past 

my skin and muscles all the way

to bone and marrow.

In the moment, staying present ...

but my present's tense.

I sense the need to be alone

upon the rug, what passes for

a sukhanasana  unless

that frightens you and then

it's criss-cross applesauce and just

that thought is irritating,

that the way I drape my body

could be judged and just 

because of what I call it.

At  present, I am feeling

not just cross but

also tired and snappish

'cause I'm breathing wrong.

 Maybe thinking wrong as well. 


(c) Ellen Gillette, 2022  

No comments:

Post a Comment