Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Betrayal

Judas, the betrayer, was betrayed,

 The Last Supper, by DaVinci

or thought as much.

Following the Christ three years,

watching all the miracles,

waiting for the moment

he would move, rise up,

and crush the Roman dogs, 

restore God's rule upon the earth.

Such a disappointment.

Judas thought he'd help

him find his backbone,

push him to the brink,

provoke the necessary action,

invoking power, all the might

that Judas knew his Lord possessed.

I have felt betrayed as well, distressed

when plans inside my head and heart

do not line up with what I see.

If I had been there on that night

and if the Lord had said

that one of us around the table

would betray him, 

I sure hope his eyes would not

have turned to me.


(c) Ellen Gillette, 2022




No comments:

Post a Comment