Monday, April 1, 2013

10,000-Plus, As Of Today

10,000 views is quite a lot, for someone such as I,
or is it someone such as me? I always have to look it up, and having done so, thank you God for Google, now I'll stick with I, and stick with writing poems each day, with that much of an audience. I alone can see that one or two offerings account for greater part of traffic, and must disclose that it's due to art that I've attached, not so much poetic excellence, but whatever, I am grateful. Some days
I'm more inspired, some days it's just a discipline,
but then again, being somewhat wild in certain layers of myself,
some structure (and what's more, the motivation
of commitment to a daily poem) is just the thing I need.
Or one thing that I need, among so many others, some
of which I'll find this week, in fact and fantasy,
and some for which I'll have to wait awhile,
smiling as I contemplate those items of concern.



(c) Ellen Gillette, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment