Thursday, August 28, 2014

S.O.B.

Shortness of breath due to anxietystresspressure
piling up at once, what I'm supposed to do and
what I'm expected to expect from others, see
they do as they are told.
It's getting old.
I'm overdue for oxygen and space and just 
a little time for me, myself, and I.
Instead of scheduling a break-down (who
has time for that?)  I have penciled in another plan.
Don't call me in the morning.
Don't call me in the afternoon.
In case you don't remember, I am turning off the phone
and getting in the car and driving 'til I can't remember
all the reasons I have been upset today.
And when my breathing settles, and the levels for
my oxygen and smiling have been met,
I'll get back in the car.
I'll turn the phone back on.
I'll be on time for Life's appointments.
First, however.
I'm on break, so that I don't.


(c) Ellen Gillette, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment