Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Hairy Arms That Held Me

http://aaronsmithart.com
Love the colors.
I've known a few beards in my day, the scruffy
and the wiry, well-kept, trimmed, dark, auburn,
salt and pepper gray. Some women may turn up
their noses at some hairy men but I would have to say
I like the feel of woman softness brushed with manly
whiskers, yin and yang, two sides of the same coin
spent when a male and female join to complement the other,
making something altogether new as one. Not that a boy-smooth
face can not hold charm as well, but I am thinking back
tonight to bearded chins, mustaches, back to hairy arms
that held me as a baby in the night, the tender ghost-like voice
of baritone, a lullaby I do not have to strain to hear at times
when I feel loved the most.


(c) Ellen Gillette, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment