Tuesday, August 5, 2014

School Approaches

http://www.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/
School cannot be almost here, it can't.
Just yesterday it seems I heard the
when-will-school-be-over rant and now
I'm getting e-mail re: an open house
and just remembered to apply for busing;
I'm looking up the dress code for the new location.
Soon we'll buy a sack of school supplies,
"It's a pleasure" meeting teachers, and get back
into the groove of setting my alarm and helping
with a ton of homework. Books and projects,
papers due next week and are your gym clothes
in the backpack? More than that, I'll leave the life
of leisure that a substitute enjoys each summer
if she hasn't found some part-time work (or he),
starting back to work myself. That kind of smarts.


(c) Ellen Gillette, 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment