Saturday, February 8, 2014

Claire de Lune

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvFH_6DNRCY
Claire de lune could not drown out        
what tries to pass as music via speakers
coming from the bathroom as two teenage 
girls prepare for going out. The younger one 
belongs here and has tuned me out and
now I do the same to her, though not in the
same way. Fan on high, white noise blocking
out the bee-bop beat until Debussy can restore
the peace I gobble with a soup spoon, careful
not to spill a single drop. Breathing deeply, slowing down, hot tears are held at bay as someone
whom I'll never meet begins to serenade me on piano with the rolling melody that can always
usher in the moonlight to the darkness
of my thoughts and soul, with memories of
standing underneath a starlit sky and feeling free.


(c) Ellen Gillette, 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment