Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Spigot

Hopefully these fellow bloggers
will be flattered if they see I
borrowed a photo from their site:
http://thetimandmaureengoodwingang.
blogspot.com/
Impatience raised its ugly head and made me think
of all those kinks that choke off, from the hose
of life, the cooling water I would drink if only
I had time. Life used to flow so smoothly, freely,
one day gushing gaily to the next,
but this is not what I expected to be doing at this point. Scratch that, for now I see that I expected nothing, really, didn't calculate or figure, just assuming that my journey would start out at pleasant, on to good,then grand. Perhaps that was the problem, which is good news, really, for I have a plan today, to cut the knotted hose part off, guzzling
ice-cold life right from the spigot if I need to. All I know is that I'll never turn the water off again, and should somebody try to make me thirsty for refreshment, I won't even, likely, notice, for hydrated people never wait until they're dry to take a drink.



(c) Ellen Gillette, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment