Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Dark Promise

"I don't know how you do it."
http://ollieartgallery.blogspot.com/
Sibu Born artist Oliver Wong's : Cry of Desperation.
I love that this is a sad picture,
but uses such bright, happy colors.

Give me an alternative, perky person.
Nervous breakdown? Time does
not permit. Get wasted? Tasty
tempter, yes, but no. Far too much
to do. I'd run away but since this wretched,
aching heart would be along, no point
to just a geographic change. Arrested? 
Although faults and flaws abound,
no crime has been committed.
Yet. 

I make no promises.
Other than to keep at this
tumultuous life so rife with strife
(at the moment). Trouble foments
all around, but I'm not drowning.
Yet.

I make no promises.
I guess I can at least promise that.

(c) Ellen Gillette, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment