Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Hurricane Love

David Crowder sings "How He Loves" here:
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=_n6EkKMTwHU
Loves like a hurricane. 
Sunday, the words struck me
then again at mass the very next day,
a capello, a solo, and I wondered if the school
kids in their neat, tidy uniforms caught the analogy
of devastating force. A hurricane? Where's the comfort
there? But God is love, not our definition of love.
Who's to say he isn't category 5 fierce? A storm
rages today with not a cloud in the sky but all
around  me while I do my yoga breathing
and hope the eye passes by soon, a respite, a little
break before the next band of weather shows up
on the radar in blood red and purple.
God loves me a lot lately, new mantra
emerging that he knows what makes the tree
that is me bend, still supple, pliable, the energy
retained to stand straight again just coiled at
ready deep inside when all is finally calm...

and what would make it break.


(c) Ellen Gillette, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment