Sunday, February 23, 2014

Can't Fix This


You can't unbreak this egg,
and I'm not hungry for an omelet.
I'm sorry you are hurting,
saddened by the trials and
tribulations you are going through.
I know the pain's the same
when circumstances are imposed
or when they come from things
you chose yourself, and I'm not
judging you. I just can't help
the way you want. Not my
job to fix this for the sake of
your convenience or your
comfort. You're mistaken, though,
by thinking that my lack of action
means that I don't care. I do.
Perhaps I've finally learned to
trust what is, to let things happen,
and resolve themselves without
assistance from this corner.
Clean it up, or scrape it all
together in a fry pan, have
the omelet yourself, Or let it
sit and rot. It isn't that you don't
have options, you're just waiting
for someone to rescue you,
repair the shell and save the egg
to hatch out fluffy, chirping, at
a later date. Good luck with that.



(c) Ellen Gillette, 2014





No comments:

Post a Comment