Monday, June 30, 2014

Tempest

I googled "tempest in a teapot" and liked this best,
on another blog: http://zaetsch.blogspot.com. Didn't read
it, so I don't know if I agree or not. But I liked the graphic.
Tempest in a teapot,
much ado about, well, nothing
much of any consequence to
me, at least, or anyone I know.
But I suppose it matters much
to others somewhere, so it
should be something I have
researched to the point that I
can offer an opinion, if I'm asked.
Or not. The people who'd agree
with me don't need my hand
to pat them on the back and those
who wouldn't, well, their minds
are set, and have been set, in concrete
for much longer than they realize.
Why should I bloody my own brow
to beat against them now? The
unconvinced don't really care,
and those who are will rarely change,
and never (I've observed) because
I took the two cents from my pocket
and threw them in the air.


(c) Ellen Gillette, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment