Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Blues Singer

Blues Club IV
by Alfred Gockel
See more at:
http://www.mynewmaster.com/
I don't have a skinny woman trapped inside,
although I'd like to lose a pound or two (or ten).
No dream (although I wouldn't mind it, now
and then) of donning helmet, leathers, gloves
and swinging one leg over, snuggling up against
the biker that I'd also (if it happened) be in love
with. One day I may take scuba lessons in Aruba
or learn to play a bass guitar, but far more likely
I will let the bluesy singer out who's waiting
patiently for me to put her in a low-cut beaded gown behind a mic and little back-up band that follows closely just by watching how she sways her hips inside a room that's filled with people holding hands across white tablecloths. They're whispering sweet nothings in each others' ears, looking beautiful by candlelight, the smell of good cigars dancing in the air with every note she sings.


(c) Ellen Gillette, 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment