Friday, April 18, 2014

Resolved

Resolved: To cook more,
specifically the muffins from the recipe
my sister has to email in the morning
or I'll hunt her down. To bake them,
after purchasing ingredients and clearing
out the kitchen from the greedy fingers
who would steal the batter from the bowl.
To experiment, not to please those
who would just as soon have something
packaged or defrosted, but for myself,
and by extension, since I'll share, with those
appreciative of effort, time, expense.
To get back to that feeling I once knew
of buying fresh and finding new ideas.
To find a pressure cooker, and to use it.
To share the love that home-cooked meals
and treats expresses, and if I find that folks
at home don't really care, to find someone
who does and bless them with a bite of
"oh-my-God!-these-muffins-are-incredible."


(c) Ellen Gillette, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment