Saturday, May 25, 2013

Communication Error

There was a time I'd sit you down,
compelled to spill the beans or
dot the i's and cross the t's,
expand reality to match my own.
Understanding thus set on a
pedestal, results have not been good,
historically. For what I've learned
through trial and error, mostly
latter: it doesn't matter, really,
not to some, at least.
Some things are better left unsaid,
apparently. If someone wants to
live a life with blinders that
prevent full line of sight, then 
who am I to pull them off
so I can say I tried to tell you,
wanted to communicate?
I'm fine with this, will hold 
my tongue among those who
so obviously like my silence 
better than my conversation. 
If I were to talk, to open up, 
to let it fly, the chances are that I 
would say some things they'd 
really rather never hear. I know 
this only from the fact that saying such
things loudly in the past have
failed to find a way through 
erected barricade of blasé
and apathetic interest in
the realm outside of themselves. 
Whispers, neither, so I've got an easy
life ahead, lips sealed against
a flood of things, all said before
a thousand ways, content now
to dissolve into the quiet.



(c) Ellen Gillette, 2013







No comments:

Post a Comment