Saturday, November 17, 2012

Stress

They say stress is bad for you,
that any change creates stress,
whether the change is good or bad,
which means that positive changes
are simultaneously good and bad, 
but negative ones are worse.
I think I'll just go back to bed
until all the changes, all the variables
dancing around me, make up their
freaking minds and stop long enough to 
become part of the routine,
taking their stresses and weaving
them into a blanket I can roll up inside
of, so tightly I don't feel a draft and catch
a cold. That would be stressful,
wouldn't it? Oh and by the way,
whoever said they're too blessed to be 
stressed should be shot. And whoever
said that stressed is just desserts
spelled backwards should shut the hell up
and bring me a chocolate.


(c) Ellen Gillette, 2012

Haha. Little attitude this morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment