Friday, October 5, 2012

Parallel Universe

Chores finished, bag packed,
gas tank filled, check cashed.
The hotel's unbelievably cheap.
Thank God for the Internet
and for time off, a visit to places close or far,
who cares, as long as stress doesn't hitch a ride.
No callsquestionsresponsibilitiesdeadlines.
No drama that has nothing to do with me
except it's In My Face. No one needing me to do,
be the glue, get it done, be someone
you thought I was a lifetime ago. I wasn't, even then.
Just be, like the yoga dvd's woman says.
Let.
Go.
Inner smile.
Tomorrow I'll return refreshed,
equipped. Excuse me for
already planning the next trip
in my mind. Looking forward,
moving toward the hope ahead.
Call them sanity days, if you'd like.
A day off. Alternate reality. Parallel universe.
The name's not that important.
Just keep them coming.
Keep me sane.




(c) Ellen Gillette, 2012

We find our own way to maintain the inner equilibrium...mini-getaways do it for me. Time to think and pray and rest and read and know there won't be a crisis or drama or conflict. Me time. A miraculous tonic for which I'm very grateful.




No comments:

Post a Comment