Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Goldilocks Jazz

The speakers didn't work
but that's okay.
Free, I tried, no harm,
but still.
The music wanted out,
out, the 1's and 0's
that form the lists;
the music had to play.
Some worship, glory
hallelujah, but I couldn't
find the Eagles, and I
wanted Eagles. Things
Get Done when they
are singing.
Tribal stuff, percussion,
instruments I do not know,
and it was nice enough
but not my mood.
And maybe it was
the result of Frost, discussing
snowy evenings earlier,
his miles to go before
he slept and miles
to go...I found Miles Davis,
reminiscent of the
golden girl who ate the
porridge, so very right,
a night for candles and
nostalgia, steam and wine,
long day that
will not end until I
lay my head down,
the air too close,
the room too big until
the darkness wraps me
in his arms and whispers
words of love and quiet
and promises.


(c) Ellen Gillette, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment