Friday, September 26, 2014

Holding onto News

You'd think that in this day and age a person could
be found at any time, no matter where, but it's not true.
And I am kind of glad of that, although it's inconvenient
when the person I am looking for apparently no longer
has a phone, computer access, address where (I'm told)
the person lives. But when it's I who wants to
disappear a little, off the grid to duck the drama,
breathe some air that doesn't have those waves attached,
I rather like the silent treatment. Not that I'd
abuse the privilege, ignore those needing to leave
word of this or that, but often what another sees
as some emergency, I have found, is not so much.
And in this case, the need to find the person benefits
the person only, and the person really should be calling
me instead, so why should I be bothered that the mail I have
is undelivered, or good news cannot be passed along?



(c) Ellen Gillette, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment