Sunday, January 26, 2014

Quandary

Perplexing pickle, plight, predicament,
http://bonniesbooks.blogspot.com/
2013/09/wednesday-words-quandary.html
a messy muddle leaves me wishing I
could huddle with the wisest of the wise
to hear their take on what is clearly something
of a sticky wicket, bind, a jam, a fix, dilemma 
I'm sure  we'll find was only temporary but ...

Still I'm stewing as more difficulty's brewing
and keeps stirring up a mare's nest (a what?) 
of trouble. True, it's not all mine to bear but
at the moment, here within the quandary,
it feels like that and you may quote me,
if you want. As waves of indecision and
uncertainty pick up speed and crash
around me, I'm so grateful to be lashed
upon a rock that doesn't move. Unless
of course I drown and cannot swim away
to freedom. Talk about a downer.
That would freakin' suck.



(c) Ellen Gillette, 2014







No comments:

Post a Comment