Friday, November 18, 2016

In Hot Water

In hot water just last night,
but not because of mischief (though I might
be so inclined with half a chance,
an opportunity or circumstance
in which I might be trouble.)
The hot water, all a bubble,
started cooking up - not dinner -
but just me... my outsides and my inner
workings in the place I love, the spa
that was no longer set on relax- "ahhh"
but higher than is (wisely) recommended.
Other times, a soaking has been splendid,
but last night and unbeknownst to me
the thermostat had risen with some mystery
and if I hadn't gotten out, which time I did,
I might've boiled without awareness as I slid
into oblivion. The headlines of my sad demise
would surely catch you all by something like surprise,
but maybe, those adoring few and silly 'nough
would wipe a tear away and say, 
"I always thought she was hot stuff
and am, I guess, exactly right today."


(c) Ellen Gillette, 2016


No comments:

Post a Comment