Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Rain Fantasy

It's warm tonight (the air cut on
just now) but still I opened up the door
to let the sound of rain intrude
upon the quietness and loneliness
of empty rooms and spaces
where so much was once
contained. If everyone would
only stay inside their houses,
keep away from windows where
they'd catch a glimpse and gasp
in shock (or laugh and stare), if
they would promise, cross my heart
and hope to die, wild horses couldn't
make them look, I'd love
to sneak outside beneath a
cloud-kissed moon, no barriers
between me and the drops,
a shower such as Eve once knew.
Unlike the Queen of Eden
I would be alone...but surely not.
For if I'm dreaming of a naked
stroll down empty streets why
can't I dream of standing still
beneath the moon and holding
hands with you? It's not
as if
it ever
will be
true.


(c) Ellen Gillette, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment